Sunday 14 August 2016

Review: Origins Mix And Mask Box

Last month I did an unboxing of the Latest In Beauty and British Beauty Blogger collaboration box with Origins. I like to give skincare a month to see if it works and if there is actually a change in my skin so it's about time I reviewed this box fully.


I was quite suprised by the products I didn't like and not really surprised by the ones I did like. The Vitazing was probably the most disappointing product in the box. It's said on the box it had sheer tint release. It's okay if you like your tint to be orange. I put this on one day as an alternative to foundation and had to take it almost immediately. Instead of blending with my skintone which I thought it would, it turned darker and darker the longer it was on my skin. It was like I'd dipped my face in a bowl of fake tan. A big no from me.

The Ginzing Peel Off Mask was also another disaapoinment for me. It took nearly the whole sample bottle to do the lower half of my face which doesn't bode well for the time it would take to get through a full sized bottle. It dried down and started to peel away from my face but when it come to actually peeling it off my face, it was an ordeal. Instead of coming off in one chunk or even longer strips it came of in tiny pieces that would have flaked off anyway. Peeling it off the skin also meant a lot of pinching the skin underneath and it ended up looking redder than it should of after a peel off  mask. Definitely one to give a wide berth.

One of the products I liked was quite a surprise. The Maskimizer just seemed like a overly fancy water spray when the box first arrived but after a couple of uses the idea behind this product becomes very well known. This contains Marine Algae which works to add and retain moisture in the skin whilst you're wearing your mask of choice. It also helps adhere the mask to your skin and if you're a fan of charcoal based masks then this is also going to help with how deep this goes into pores and removes any impurities.

The Original Skin Mask and the Clear Improvements Pod were both firm favourites with me. I knew I'd like these both as I'm a fan of both retexturising masks and charcoal based masks. These are slightly more higher end than I'd normally pay out for but if you're skin doesn't agree to Glycolic Acid then the Original Skin Mask would probably worth the price tag. It's a retexturising mask so will aid with exfoliation and removing any texture from skin. Plus it contains Rose Clay which makes it smell absolutely divine.

Overall this is a good box, especially for people who haven't tried Origins as a brand before. However it's also a slightly risky box because not every mask agrees with every skin type. For example the Original Skin and the Ginzing Peel Off Mask may not agree with people with very sensitive skin. It's is though just trial and error when it comes to trying the products inside. Not everything is going to agree with everyone and that's one downside to this box, however at £20 a lot of people, myself included aren't particularly bothered if there's a product or two that don't work or agree with my skin type.

Have any of you tried these masks? What did you think? What ones are worth buying in full size? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment