Tuesday 2 August 2016

My Experience At The Benefit Brow Bar

 
Back last November I was talked into having my brows waxed by the lovely ladies at my local Benefit stand. And to say I was astounded by the results is an understatement. My whole face looked different and it gave a whole new look to how my make up looked and sat on my face. I couldn't see myself going without having this done now so every six weeks I take myself off and get my brows waxed and tinted at Benefit's Brow Bar.

This review is a long time coming but to begin with I had a couple of different girls do my brows until I settled on the girl who does my brows the best to my liking. The lovely lady who initially did my brows was very friendly and chatty, talking me through everything she did and asking questions about how the wax felt and if it hurt too much. Suprisingly considering I've only ever waxed my legs, having hot wax on my face wasn't as terrible as I thought it'd be. Yes it does sting slightly but I have had papercuts that have stung and made me wince more.

After that I was moved on to another woman who whilst nice and chatted to me through the whole thing, was slightly harsher in movments and my face hurt/stung more whenever she did my brows. And unfortunately she didn't listen when I asked to keep my brows as thick as possible. I've always had thick brows and never want to lose them but with her I was seeing them getting thinner and thinner everytime I went despite asking them to stay thick. Because of this I did skip booking an appointment and went nearly three months without getting them done but I'm glad I did. It wasn't pretty, I felt like a werewolf and was slightly embarassed by how they looked but the wait was well worth it.

Then I was booked in with Pummi and now I won't let anyone else wax or tint my brows. Pummi is lovely, she makes you feel really comfortable, chats to you the whole time and listens when you ask for some specific. The first time she did my brows I was so impressed, they looked exactly as good as they did when I first got them done in November. Everytime I go now, I ask to keep them as thick as possible and she listens. My brows have grown thanks to my skipped appointment and after every wax they still look thick and bold but without any stray hairs or sparse patches. The same goes for the brow tint. Instead of just slapping on the colour they think is closest, Pummi mixes colours to get my brows as close to my natural colour as possible and always double checks everything in the mirror to make sure I'm happy.

This is what my brows looked like before my latest appointment. This was hitting the six week mark and as you can see there is no shape to my brows as well as having lots of stray hairs around the outside and along the brow bone. This is what they usually look like after six weeks but if that's not how you want your brows to look then you can book the appointments as far apart or as close as possible. Six weeks is just what works best for me.

And this is after a wax and tint. Now there is actually shape to my brows and a nice arch. They're darker than the before picture as they were also tinted and that gives them a nice filled in look which means I can easily go product free for a few days. Having this shape back also means that when I start using product in my brows again it'll be easier to follow the shape instead of trying to create a shape.

Now I've said before I can have sensitive skin and I know people will be wondering if this irritates the skin. It will sting, it will make your face feel numb and it may hurt depending on your pain levels. Your skin will be red afterwards which the ladies kindly cover with concealer if you ask and if you have extremely sensitive skin you could break out. To begin with I'd get small breakouts along my forehead and the area that had been waxed but now my skin's gotten used to it I tend not to get so many.

£21.50 may seem like a lot of money to some people to pay for something so simple but with the quality of the service I honestly don't mind paying that. The girls are lovely, if you're with someone they'll offer them a seat, they know what they're doing and never once have I left there feeling disappointed by the service. It may take a while to find someone who works well with what you want but when you do find that person, you'll never wanna go anywhere else to get your brows done.

Overall I love the service from Benefit and I'm so glad I was talked into it back last year. It could take a while to get used to it but once you do, I promise you won't want to go anywhere else. Most Benefit stands have a Brow Bar as well and it's so easy to book an appointment. It may seem pricey but sometimes it's worth spending a bit extra to get good quality results. And if you're in the Reading area, I highly recommend trying to book an appointment with Pummi from Benefit, your brows will look stunning once she's finished with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment