Thursday 11 August 2016

Lip Product Week Day Six: Primark Super Matte Liquid Lipstick Review

Welcome Back to Day Six of Lip Product Week. Today's post was going to be another slightly disappointing post but luckily for both me and you a discovery at the beginning of the week completely turned this post around.

At the beginning of the week I said that the MUA Luxe Liquid Lipsticks were the most budget lipsticks for the week but then I found this new Primark lipstick tucked away in the corner of my new in box. And this is the most budget lip product of the entire week.

This is Primark's Super Matte Liquid Lipstick. I picked this up a couple of weeks ago when I was out shopping and was eager to give it a go. There are only four shades in total and none of them have shade names which is a bit of a pain. The one I picked up is this deep berry, purple toned shade which would have looked lovely in the upcoming seasons. And I said would have because unbeknown to me when I brought this it's full of glitter. And not just a small bit, I mean a whole lot of glitter which can't be hidden when this is on the lips. Once this has set down, it doesn't budge and especially with this shade you have a ridiculous glittery lip look that whilst looking good at a festival doesn't really suit well with everyday life. Because of this I wasn't going to put this on for the week, not wanting to really write a bunch of bad reviews during this particular week.

However when I went to Primark in Basingstoke at the beginning of this week and raided their lip product section I found another shade that looked like it had a bit more potential. And at £2 it wasn't going to break the bank if this didn't work either. Oh how happy I was when I tried this out. Instead of being chock full of glitter, this is a standard block colour which is ridiculously high in pigment for such a budget price. It is neither a tomato red shade or a blue toned red shade and will suit a whole host of skintones. And it doesn't have a speck of glitter in it.

Both shades come with a slightly longer than average doe foot applicator that isn't too firm but isn't too flexible either. It bends just a little bit to make following the line of the lip easier but it won't leave you with an uneven line. When you apply this you aren't going to be overloaded with product, there will be enough on the applicator to do at least one lip. If you're good though you can make this stretch over both lips and just need to dip back in to make sure nothing is patchy or streaky looking. And when this dries down this is not going to budge. Not budge at all. It takes a more oil based bio phase eye make up remover to remove this it's that good.

Once applied this dries down to a matte finish that you will feel on the lips but it's not that matte you feel there's no moisture left in your lips. A bit of lip balm popped underneath or gently over the top will help to keep lips moisturised while you wear this. If you eat anything remotely greasy or oily whilst wearing this then it will transfer and move around but you can easily reapply this. It may make your lips feel tight and dry but because of the high pigment in the shade it's more of a high maintenance product. Definitely brilliant if you've got a long night out that doesn't require eating.

Overall I'm impressed more by the red shade than the berry shade. There are lighter shades in the range but they both look like they wouldn't suit my skintone. When they say super matte they really do mean super matte and for such a budget price it's pretty impressive. It's unknown how long these will be in Primark so if you see one then I highly recommend picking one up.

Have any of you tried these? What did you think? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment