Saturday 6 August 2016

Lip Product Week: Day One- Sleek Matte Lipstick

Last year I did a week in August dedicated to lip products. If you were reading the blog back then, you may have seen it. If you are new and don't know what Lip Product Week is, it's basically a week where I review various lip products all from different brands and with different price ranges. It was such a hit last year I couldn't help but plan another week this year and to kick it off I'll be starting with the budget friendly brand Sleek. 

I'd looked at Sleek lipsticks for a while but never brought one and when I was looking for products to try for this week I thought what a better time to bite the bullet and buy one. I have the shade Russiann Roulette a very deep blue toned red. It reminds me a lot of Russian Red from MAC and when compared the two look very similar. If you've had your eye on Russian Red for a while but can't justify the price tag then definitely have a look at this shade instead. It's a third of the price and practically the same shade.

It's a matte finish lipstick, one of a few in the collection. It feels ever so dry as you apply it to the lips, dragging slightly when you start off. However once that inital swipe is over with it does steadily get creamier as you apply it. It can look patchy on the lips because of the intial dryness but if you blot it off lightly with your finger then reapply then you'll have a highly pigmented opaque colour. It's a stunning shade of lipstick that'll suit a variety of skintones but especially ladies of a fairer tone. The colour has that tone to it that reminds me a lot of pin up girls and ladies from the forties. Definitely a brilliant choice if you're doing a vintage inspired make up look.

When it comes to wear this is ever so slightly drying on the lips but I think a lot of it depends on the condition of your lips beforehand. You can touch this up and reapply without it zapping all the moisture from your lips. It's definitely a lipstick you won't be in a rush to take off when you get home. And when it comes to transfer it's only a little bit that moves, mainly from the centre of the lips. It's bullet is easy to use and I personally like to use the edges to line my lips before using the flat side to fill them in completely.

If you're looking for a good red lipstick on a budget then I'd recommend checkng this one out. It's pigmented, comfortable to wear and that perfect classic red shade that suits everyone. And the best bit, it's only £4.99.

Have you tried this before? Did you like it? Do you have shade recommendations? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment