Thursday 4 August 2016

Review: Kiko Lip Liners

Continuing on with my lip product theme for the month it's time for me to review a couple of lip liners that have been sat in my collection for months. Today's focus are the lip liners from Kiko. I've had these two in my collection for a few months now and as August is Lip Product month I thought it a fitting time to give them a whirl and pop them up here.

I only have two liners to give my opinion on as Kiko is a brand that I haven't tried and what I have tried I wasn't so keen on. So instead of going mad and buying loads I've only picked up two to see if they're better than the rest of the brand.

The first liner I picked up is the Kiko Smart Lip Pencil in the shade 701. Firstly I picked up a different shade than I thought I was. I was aiming for a coral lip liner but this is actually an orange liner. It doesn't look too bad against my skintone but it is a colour that doesn't work as well as others do. Secondly this is a pencil liner not a mechanical liner. It's very creamy to apply and you have opaque colour in one swipe. However it is slightly scratchier than some other pencils and you can feel this dragging slightly on the lips when you apply it. But when you've finished applying it, you're left with a bright pop of colour that doesn't feel drying on the lips. It has enough slip to feel comfortable to wear on it's own but it's also dry enough to grab onto a lipstick and hold it in place all day. I'd definitely like to try more colours from this range but would need to test them properly in store so I don't have a mishap like with this shade.

The second lip liner I've tried is definitely my favourite of the two. This is one of the accompanying lip liners in their Intensely Lavish collection. I'm not sure if you can still get this collection but if you were lucky enough to get something from it then it's a good collection. This lip liner is a different kind of pencil liner and is very creamy to apply. Opaque buildable colour in one swipe, this liner looks fantastic on it's own or under lipstick. It's slightly more drying on the lips than the Smart Pencil and I'd advise popping some lip balm on before wearing this. However it gives a brilliant pop on it's own and darkens lighter lipsticks when worn underneath. I'm not sure if any of the lip liners in their latest collections are just as good or better but this one is definitely a winner.

Both of these liners are good liners but if I were to suggest trying one, I'd suggest going for the liners featured in their special collections. Slightly creamier and better in quality, they may cost more but won't disappoint and you won't have any issues picking a colour like with the Smart Pencil.

Have any of you tried these liners? What did you think? Do you have any liner recommendations? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment