Thursday 18 August 2016

Review: MUA Lip Liners

A little while ago a friend of mine recommended I try the MUA Lip Liner and I was dubious to being with. I'd tried one a while back and it didn't work well for me, it was scratchy and patchy in application. But according to my friend they had improved the formula and were now a lot creamy and easier to apply. And at a £1 a pencil how could I resist giving them a go.

I picked up three shades. Sloe Berry, Dark Thistle and Brooding Plum. I was feeling very autumnal when I brought these and considering darker tones are the most prominent in my lipstick collection I thought these were the best choice. Dark Thistle is my favourite of the three as it has a bright almost violet tone to it that translates nicely on the lips and works well as a unique lip loo. Sloe Berry and Brooding Plum are going to work well under a variety of lipsticks and as they are so creamy to apply they're not going to be a pain to wear.

Normally a traditional wooden pencil liner is scratchy, patchy and hard to work with. These are highly pigmented, not scratchy and somewhat creamy. They're not creamy enough to wear these comfortably on their own but under lipsticks or any lip product they work well. The nibs of the pencils aren't sharpened to a really harsh point which I think is what makes them less scratchy in feeling and easier to apply. If you really wanted to wear these on their own, I'd advise wearing a little bit of lip balm underneath to protect and moisturise lips and make sure you have a pencil sharpner handy. The wooden pencils do get dry as the nib runs down which makes them drier and more scratchy to use so I'd advise avoiding using these on the centre of the lips where it can be drier as they'll just make lips dry and flaky feeling.

Overall for the price point these aren't the worst liners on the market but personally I prefer the Primark liners which are the same price but a lot creamier in texture and less drying on the lips. I know some people may think Primark make up may be a bit down market but out of the two sets of liners I'd highly recommend checking the Primark ones out over these.

Have any of you tried these? What did you think? What do you think of the new blog name? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment