Saturday 27 August 2016

Product Empties #5

Until today I didn't realise how full my empties bin had become. I'd just been chucking them in there and not paying attention to how full it had become. So today for a bonus post I'm going through with you my empties purely because I can't fit another thing in there.

Let's start with what I have the most of. Firstly there's the Garnier Moisture Restore+ Night Cream. I've gone through countless pots of this but two full pots since my last empties post. This is a gel formula cream packed full of skin hydrating ingredients which will simultanesouly soothe and hydrate skin in the evening. A little bit goes a long way and really gives skin a boost especially after taking off any make up. I can guarantee there will be plenty more of these appearing in future empties posts.

Another double empty and this time it's my holy grail concealer from Collection. The Lasting Perfection concealer is the perfect high coverage but easily blended concealer on the high street. It works well both under the eye and over any imperfections. Blemishes? Redness? Uneven skintone? This has got you covered. I go through about one of these a month because I use it liberally on a daily basis and for under a fiver you can't complain. More of these will be appearing in future empties.

Now I have three serums. Two are from the Simply Pure range and have appeared before in empties. They contain both Hyaluronic Acid and Salicylic Acid to hydrate skin and help fight blemishes. It's formula works well in the even and after taking make up as skin just soaks it right up. And the third serum is from Olay. Their Instant Hydration Day Serum is the perfect base product before applying make up. With a slight silicone feel to it smooths over pores and creates an even base for make up. It's also really good at hydrating skin. A full review can be found here. Expect to see more of both in the future.

Up next is my holy grail cleanser from Clean and Clear. The Deep Cleansing Lotion for sensitive skin has been a staple in my skincare routine since I was thirteen and it has never done me wrong. A lot of people might not like the idea of putting this on their face because the alcohol would dry their skin out. It doesn't dry skin and if paired with hydrating skincare afterwards you won't even know you've used it. I have a feeling I'll be using this still in a decades time. Used right after that is the B Essence Lotion. I used to laugh at essence lotions but ever since trying this one I've been highly surprised. It helped change the look and feel of my skintone. Gone was any texture I had and my redness look diminished with every use. Containing Allatonin this soothes skins after every cleanse. Definitey not one to turn your nose up at. A full review can be found here.

Following up from those I have a couple of sprays that I adore. The B Hyaluronic Acid Facial Spritz has really saved my skin during our hotter days and even a few bad skin days. Packed with nothing but Hyaluronic Acid this delievers hydration to your skin with every spray. It can be used over and under make up to keep skin feeling refreshed during the day, especially helpful during the hotter months. Then another product that has come in handy when the temperature has risen is the Maybelline SuperStay 24 Setting Spray. This is a fine mist that doesn't disrupt or ruin your make up that helps make make up look more natural and lock it into place for longer. Personally this is one of the best setting sprays on the high street and if you haven't tried this before you should definitely pick one up.

Up next is a mask that I've gone through countless tubes off and a product that didn't work well originally but I found a use for anyway. The Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask is a staple in the beauty world. It's a brilliant mask for pulling any crap out the skin and giving skin a really good detox. I've talked about this so much my mum now uses it too. Then there is the Make Up Revolution Aqua Priming Base. It's a hydrating spray that you spray on before foundation and it's supposed to help base products stick to the skin. It didn't work like that for me so I used it to dampen my beauty blender when I was feeling to lazy to go to the sink. And it worked really well. My make up looked smoother when this was sprayed on my sponge. I'm definitely going to have to pick up another bottle.

I've gone through my first pot of the Garnier Miracle Wake Me Up Cream. This is the sister cream to Garnier's Miracle Sleeping Cream. This won't be a daily moisturiser for everyone but using after removing make up or a face mask and this will work wonders. Containing ingredients to help reduce signs of ageing and tiredness from the skin this smooths over and blurs any imperfections. It's the perfect cream to use on days when you're not wearing make up and it will just give everything that blurred over look.

The Nip and Fab Glycolic Extreme Fix Pads are my favourite skin treatment pads. Containing 5% Glycolic Acid as well as Salicylic and Lactic Acid these work to exfoliate and loosen and dead skin cells as well as clearing away any blemish creating bacteria. As you only need one or two a week, a pack of sixty will last you ages. The Simple Brightening Eye Make Up Remover Pads aren't the best to remove all eye make up but they're great to catch any mascara or eye liner lingering around the eye area. One pad can do both eyes so these will last a long time as well but don't believe anything about them brightening the under eye area. Invest in a good eye cream, the results will be more obvious.

Now the final items in this post are ones I don't talk about often. Yes I'm on about face wipes. I don't use face wipes to remove any part of my make up except my lipstick. And these two packs of wipes from Garnier work better to remove my various lip products better than any other. The original micellar formula wipes are good removing sheen finish, gloss or cream finish lipsticks. But the oil infused wipes are brilliant at removing matte lips and the most difficult liquid lipsticks going. They're both very soft wipes that don't irritate the lips and the formula's won't create issue for the lips as well. I know I'm going to go through countless more packs of these with the amount of lipstick I wear.

So that's it for this ridiculously long empties post. Hopefully the next one won't be so long. I'd love to know what products you go through the most so let me know in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment