Thursday 13 December 2018

Winter Lip Edit

 
Last week I shared with you my Festive Lip Edit which showcased ten of my favourite red lipsticks. Today I'm back with my Winter Lip Edit to share with you all the lipsticks I'm reaching for when I'm not donning a red lip.

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte in Burgundy Blush 
When it comes to Winter lip colours, I like to go for deep burgundys and dark purples. And Maybelline's Burgundy Blush is exactly the right mix of the two. It doesn't have much of a red undertone but it's not a deep plum/purple like some of these are. It's creamy formula is comfortable to wear all day but because it doesn't set down like a normal matte, it does transfer and can smear slightly. I ended up with a blob of this on my chin when I wore it the other day and that's without touching it or eating. Touch ups are necessary after eating with this lipstick but it's formula means you get no balling or pilling when you reapply.

Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink in Voyager 
The Maybelline SuperStay Matte Inks are some of my favourite lip products on the market. Voyager is the first of two I want to talk to you about today. It's a deep burgundy shade that almost looks like a chocolate brown in the lips. It's a shade that requires either a deep smokey eye to make it work or nothing but flawless skin, big brows and lashes. It does all the talking and it's transfer proof, comfortable to wear, long wearing formula makes it the perfect choice for any girls nights you have coming up.

Maybelline SuperStay Ink in Founder
The second Matte Ink I want to mention is one of their latest shades Founder. It's more of a deep plum shade but wears beautifully on a multitude of skin tones. Again the formula makes this one that you can wear for hours without discomfort and can even eat or drink without the worry of it going everywhere. I prefer wearing this over Voyager but they're both extremely gorgeous shades, especially during this time of the year.

Rosie For Autograph in Sour Grapes 
The only non matte lipstick I want to mention in this edit come from Rosie Huntington Whiteley's collection. Sour Grapes is a deep blue toned plum shade that can be worn as either a stain or as a full on pop of colour. It's satin finish makes it comfortable to wear and whilst it's not a matte finish, it doesn't transfer easily or require a ton of touch ups throughout the day. I also love mixing this in with other burgundy shades to create a unique pop of colour for this cold season.

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Ricco
The last lipstick I want to mention comes from Stila. They're one of my favourites for a good liquid lip. Ricco is a deep plum shade that looks darker on the lips than it does in the tube. It's a more traditional matte finish that can be uncomfortable if you don't prep your lips correctly first but with a bit of lip balm underneath, it can be comfortable for hours at a time and won't need to be touched up at throughout the day. Occasionally I like to pop a little bit of Sour Grapes over the top to give a slightly more comfortable feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment