Monday 12 December 2016

Christmas Week: Decorating Tips

Welcome to Christmas Week. For the next five days I will be posting Christmas content to help get everyone in the festive mood. So today what a better way to start the week then to talk all things decorative. Christmas decorations are probably one of my favourite parts of Christmas and it doesn't feel like Christmas until the tree and everything else is up.

A great way to add a little something extra to a room is lights. You can get some uber cute lights when you look around. I got these adorable Reindeer lights from The Range and I think they cost no more than £3.50. I've not got a lot of hanging space in my room so I hung them from my bookcase shelf. There is enough wire on these to get a good drape wherever you hang them and the battery pack they come with isn't too heavy it's going to pull them down. I also brought the Santa design as well and they're just as adorable as the Reindeer.

Another fun way to light up a room or a section of a room is with these adorable Christmas light up heads. These were only £2 from The Range and just adorable. There were only three in the range and I picked up all three. They change colour as they go and make a really nice addition to any room. These would be good to add to a child's room, they don't have sharp bits on them so they aren't harmful and because they're so colourful they'll keep them entertained for hours. I've put them under my Reindeer string lights and between them I've put my recently purchased snowglobes.

Another way to add a bit of something more to a shelf be it a mantel piece or a bookcase is to add a bit of tinsel and some baubles. The tinsel I picked up from Wilko's was only a £1 and was long enough to wind around my figurines once and then back again. The baubles are small glittery numbers that we've had for years and I 'borrowed' some from our stash to decorate the shelf. A little bit of sellotape held them in place nicely and they add something more to a normally plain shelf.

Some more cute hanging decorations I picked up this year are these gorgeous copper cutout Christmas Trees and Stars. They didn't cost more than a £1 and feel much more luxurious than they actually should. And in inbetween those I stuck some cute gold bells that were also only a £1. Sure they might not last long but as they're only in my room I'm not that bothered.

And finally if you have a canvas or a picture that you want to add some festive spirit to then just pop a bit of tinsel over the top of it. This is another piece of tinsel from Wilko's and was so easy to just drape over and between my Marilyn Monroe canvases. We have some canvases downstairs as well and when we decorated we threw a bit of tinsel over them to addo some festive cheer. It also adds something to what can be a bland looking wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment