Friday 23 December 2016

GRWM: Christmas Day

Merry Christmas Everyone! This is my last post this side of Christmas and what a better way to end the festive posts than a GRWM of what I'm planning on doing to my face on Christmas Day.

 Prime
For primer I'm going in with my Barry M Hydro Fix Primer Water. I like this as it adds hydration to my skin whilst priming my skin and creating a base for my foundation to grip onto. This is ultra lightweight so it doesn't feel like it's clogging up the skin.

Foundation
For my base I was going to go with the Bourjois CC Cream but I decided against it as it doesn't last as long on the skin as my Dior Star Foundation. The Dior Star Foundation has brilliant coverage and staying power. A pump and a half is enough to give my skin a decent coverage without looking cakey or overdone. Once I spread it over my face I take my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and buff it in until it looks as natural as possible.

Concealer
As my foundation such a good job for coverage I'm only going in with my Maybelline The Eraser Eye concealer. This is very yellow toned but has great coverage and covers any dark circles no matter how servere they look. The sponge tip is a great applicator and means I can be as heavy handed as I want. Once this is in place I take my damp beauty blender and bop it into the skin, making sure not to take away any of the coverage but not leaving that unblended that it'll crease or fade away. And as the Dior has such good coverage I'm forgoing my Collection concealer and letting my foundation cover everything.

Powder
Powder time and I'm going in with my trusty Collection Pressed Powder in Ivory. This is very lightweight in finish and feel. It's perfect for under the eyes as well as for setting the whole face. I take my Real Techniques Setting Brush and bop/press the powder into my under eye area so it doesn't cake or crease. Then I take my B Beauty Powder Brush and sweep this down the centre of my face and along the sides, avoiding my cheeks.

Eyes
Because I've kept my base pretty simple I want my lashes and brows to pop. Luckily for me I've had my brows tinted and waxed a couple of weeks ago so I don't need to do a lot to them except run a spoolie through them. Then it's onto my lashes. I want my lashes to look volumised and big but not clumpy and fake. So once they're curled I pop a layer of the Benefit They're Real Tinted Primer on and quickly afterwards pop a coat or two of the Maybelline Go Colossal Extreme Leather Black over the top. This works to give my lashes a big fluttery volumised look that isn't too over the top or clumpy. Plus the primer helps to hold my curl so they'll stay looking bigger for longer.

Lips
For lips this month I've been trying to wear a different red lipstick everyday. However there is one that I keep gravitating towards because it's amazing. And that's the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw. This is a stunning red shade that would look gorgeous on anyone. It's a liquid lipstick but it's one of the most comfortable liquid lipsticks I've ever worn. It doesn't leave lips feeling dry, reapplication is easy and best of all you can eat a greasy burger and it won't transfer. I'm pairing it with my PS Love Lip Liner in 03 to make sure my lips are crisp and precise.

Setting
As I want this to last all day long I'm going in with a setting spray to lock it all into place. And recently I've gone back to my trusty Maybelline Super Stay Setting Spray. This is very lightweight on the skin, locks make up in place all day and takes away any cake face or creasing you may have. Shake it well or the sediment at the bottom will spray all over your face but otherwise this key to keeping my make up on my face until bedtime.

So that's my face for Christmas Day. I hope you all have an amazing Christmas filled with love, laughter and good food. I personally am just excited to spend some time with my family and eat a lot of good food. Merry Christmas Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment