Thursday 29 December 2016

New Year's Eve Make Up Look

Happy New Year Everyone! This will be my last post of 2016 and I'd just like to say thank you for all of your support this year. I have so many plans for 2017 and can't wait to share them with you. But today I thought I'd show you what make up I'll be wearing on New Year's Eve.

 Primer 
For primer I start off with the Barry M Hydro Fix Primer Water. This is good at giving skin an extra hydration boost before make up. I don't like to just this on it's own because it doesn't feel like it's going to give my make up something to grip onto. So I then go in with my Barry M Flawless Primer. This has a tackiness to it that actually feels like it clings onto the make up and keeps it in place. This is a cream so it doesn't have that horrible silicone feel that some primers have, plus it won't make foundation ball up or slide away when you're applying it.

Foundation
For foundation I'm going in with my Dior Star Foundation. This is a medium coverage foundation that covers all signs of redness, dark circles and blemishes whilst still looking natural and not over the top. Two pumps is enough to cover my face (chubby cheeks) and blends out flawlessly to give my skin a skinlike but well done face. I like to use either my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush or Buffing Brush to blend this in as they give such stunning results.

Concealer 
Time for concealer and first we start with the under eye area. To conceal my dark circles I'm going in with the Maybelline The Eraser Eye Concealer. This is brilliant for disguising those one too many late nights and gives the under eye area a more awake look. To blend this in I bop it with my damp beauty blender. This gives it a more natural look and stops it from creasing. And then to cover any blemishes or redness that's peaking through I go in with the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. This is very high coverage so is perfect for concealing any imperfections. A little goes a long way and once bopped in with a beauty blender is almost flawless in finish whilst still looking natural.

Setting 
To set everything into place I take my tried and tested Collection Pressed Powder in Ivory. This is very finely milled so it doesn't settle into fine lines, wrinkles and stops concealer from creasing. I take my Real Techniques Setting Brush and bop it under the eyes. Don't swipe or rub the under eye area as it's more likely to take away the product. Once my under eyes are done I take my big fluffy powder brush from B Beauty and swoosh it down the centre of my face and along the outside of my face. I don't take iton the cheeks as this is when it can look cakey and patchy.

Eyes
I really want my lashes to stand out with this look so I'm going to use my Benefit Tinted Lash Primer once I've curled my lashes. This works perfectly to not only condition the lashes and add a hint of colour but also helps to hold a curl and any volume your lashes have. One coat of this is enough and then I go in with my Maybelline Go Colossal Extreme Leather Black Mascara. This gives lashes a stunning fanned out effect without going clumpy or false looking. A couple of coats of this and my lashes are big, fanned out, volumised yet defined and clump free.

Lips
For lips I would normally go for a red shade especially because it's still so close to the festive period but right now I'm really feeling this dark burgundy lip. And this Maybelline matte lipstick is perfect for that. It's called Burgundy Blush and has a stunning red undertone to it but still comes across as a deep purple shade. These lipsticks are highliy pigmented, long wearing and comfortable to wear. However because it's such a dark colour to wear I had to go in with a lip liner and the one I've chosen to wear is the Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Liner in Midnight Plum. This just adds a bit more definition to the look and stops it from bleeding or feathering.

Setting Spray
And after all of that I like to set my make up in place with the Maybelline Superstay 24 Setting Spray. This is a very fine mist that doesn't leave a white cast over the face and sets make up whilst keeping it looking natural and stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment