Friday 8 December 2017

Let's Talk; Winter Cleansers

This is not the post I had scheduled for today but for some reason the post which was due tomorrow has disappeared. I'd written, edited and linked all the pictures I used, had it saved and ready to schedule. Then my laptop crashed and once I turned it back on, it was all gone. I would have rewritten it but I know I wouldn't have been happy with how it turned out, so I've changed tack and have gone for a different style post today. This idea has been in my head for a while so what a perfect time to post it.

Now if the cold snap we're all enduring doesn't mean it's Winter then I don't know what does. However that means all are skin's are changing and we may be in need of something a little more when it comes to cleansers as well as other aspects of our skincare routines. So I thought I'd round up a few of my favourite cleansers of the moment that have been doing wonders for my skin now that Winter is upon us.

Now for me personally I find a thicker more nourishing cleanser works wonders for my skin this time of the year. Temperature changes, central heating and cold blustery days seem to wreck havoc on my skin. So naturally when it comes to taking off my make up or cleansing my skin I want something that is going to nourish and look after my skin to counteract the effects of the colder season. Oils, balm cleansers or thick rich cream cleansers have been the ones I've been reaching for the most. Some of my favourites include:

Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm
My first will come as no surprise to any of you. I love the Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm in general but since the weather has taken a colder turn, this has become one of my go to staples. It's thick luxurious balm texture turns to a milk when water is added, really cleaning the skin whilst simultaneously nourishing skin. It's not one I'd waste on removing make up purely because the results on the skin are ten times better when used as a second or AM cleanse.Skin feels soft, smooth to the touch and nourished. Nothing about this product is going to strip, irritate or dry out skin. It's pricey but a must have for me, especially during these colder months.
 

Loreal Extraordinary Facial Cleansing Oil
Oils are brilliant to use during these months. Temperature changes, blustery winds and central heating can all dry the skin out and leave it feeling irritated and in need of some TLC. And I know not everyone is comfortable with putting oils on their face. However oil cleansers such as this one from Loreal is a great way to nourish skin without overloading it with oil, leaving it greasy and shiny. This breaks down make up amazingly, turning into a milk as you add water. It washes away easily with a damp flannel or muslin cloth and doesn't leave behind a greasy residue. Instead it leaves skin feeling soft, supple and smooth to the touch. Whilst it doesn't completely reverse any irritation or dried out feeling from the skin, it makes a good start and lays down a good base to which you can build on with the rest of your skincare routine.

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser 
A cleanser you won't be surprised to find here comes from Liz Earle. Their Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser is the perfect Winter cleanser. It's thick cream formula not only nourishes skin but also soothes and brightens, whilst gently exfoliating. Containing ingredients such as Calendula, Vitamin E and Shea Butter, this cleanser is perfect for those with more sensitive skins. It has a slight fragrance to it but that comes mostly from the natural ingredients and won't cause further irritation. I find this perfect for days when my skin has gone through a few different temperature changes. It's soothes, nourishes, cleanses and reduces the appearance of any redness I may have on my skin. Definitely a must have this winter.

Botanics Rosehip Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm
One that's been sat in my cupboard until recently is this one from Botanics. Their Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm with Rosehip isn't my favourite, most reached for cleanser but it does work and is especially good for skin during these colder months. Packed full of Rosehip, this thick cleanser not only breaks down make up but nourishes and soothes skin. It's thicker than other balms I've tried but doesn't leave skin feeling weighed down or pores feeling clogged. Not one I think I'm going to be reaching for a lot but a good option if you're looking for a  natural cleanser that's suitable for sensitive skins.

Naturally Radiant Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser
The next cleanser is a favourite of mine and it won't break the bank. Superdrug's own brand range Naturally Radiant does the most amazing hot cloth cleanser on a budget. Thick, nourishing and packed full of naturally occurring AHA's, this cleanser works brilliantly as an AM cleanse or second cleanse. I've gone through numerous tubes of this as it just works so well with my skin. It soothes, hydrates, brightens and cleanses all at once without weighing down my skin or leaving it feeling irritated or stripped squeaky clean. If you're working on a budget, I highly recommend checking out this hot cloth cleanser.

Sanctuary Warming Cleansing Butter Balm
And the last cleanser I've been enjoying is from Sanctuary. It's a very thick balm that turns into a milky consistency when water is added which to some is off putting but to me is a sign of a good balm cleanser. When it's first applied to the face it does warm against skin but that helps with the break down of any make up or daily dirt you're looking to cleanse away. A little goes a long way and after every use, this leaves skin feeling clean, supple, nourished and soft to the touch. It leaves behind the perfect canvas for the rest of your skincare routine without the need for more products than necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment