Wednesday 13 December 2017

Three Party Season Beauty Essentials

Tis the season where everyone is donning their glad rags for various different Christmas parties and nights out. Most of us have that one particular dress we reach for whereas others have an essential beauty product they won't go without. For me there are three beauty essentials I can't go out without this festive season.

The first essential for me is a good foundation. I find if my base looks good then the rest of my make up applies better which then makes the look as whole tens times better than what I expect it to look like. I like a fuller coverage this time of the year to camoflauge any redness I may have. And my go to for this is the Dior Star Foundation. This gives fantastic coverage but still lets my skin look like skin. It perfects my base and leaves it looking flawless but doesn't clog pores or leave skin looking cakey. It's long wearing and contains a technology that works to disguise and minimise the appearence of redness, something which comes in handy for me and my constantly rosy cheeks. An expensive choice but worth, especially for those long evenings full of food and laughter that will be occuring over the next couple of weeks.

The next essential is a good mascara that actually holds a curl throughout the night. I've tried tons of mascaras trying to find the perfect one that will give me a curled, volumised, defined look that doesn't fall flat after a few hours wear. However there is one that does all that and doesn't cost the earth either. Maybelline's Lash Sensational Mascara has a curved multibristle brush that catches even the thinnest of lashes and lifts them in a defined, volumised curl that makes eyes look bigger and more awake with minimal effort. This has a very wet formula which in other mascaras would cause clumps but this coats lashes with enough product to see your wearing mascara but doesn't clump lashes together or create that spidery look that a lot of wet formulas do. And once it's on the curl lasts for a good few hours without signs of drooping or falling flat. It's perfect for those nights where you want your eyes to be the centre of attention or if you want your eyes to have that wide awake look in all those selfies you're bound to take throughout the evening.

 And my final essential for the festive season is a good red lipstick. Now I'm a fan of a red lip all year round but I find that I always stick to one particular red when it comes to the festive period. Last year I was obssessed with the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw and this year it't the Loreal and Balmain limited edition collaboration in the shade Domination. It's a stunning true red shade that'll suit a multitude of skintones. It's creamy in texture and glides effortlessly onto lips, it's formula not dry like a matte but not shiny like a gloss. And it lasts. I've worn this to eat out already and was really impressed with it's staying power. Some did transfer but that was a small amount from the centre of the lips where you'd bite down on food but it's easy to fix with a quick reapplication. Red lips may seem like the most high maintenance of colours to wear, especially when all you want to do is have a good time but find the one that's right for you and you'll have no worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment