Wednesday 6 December 2017

Marks And Spencer Beauty Advent Calender Day Six

Welcome back to Day Three in my 25 Days of Beauty Series where I show you what I get in my Marks and Spencers Advent Calender. I know I said that yesterday's box was my favourite so far but today's has surpassed that. 

In today's box I recieved a miniature Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick. This has been one of the products I've been most excited about recieving in this calender. This is the shade Perla, which looks like a very pale pink shade in the tube but actually dries down to a darker more mauve toned shade on the lips. I actually already own a miniature of this shade from one of their Christmas sets but had never worn it until today. 

There's a good reason why they're called the Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks. I put mine on about 10am this morning and have only taken it off about ten minutes ago (5pm) and it hadn't budged at all. I ate, drank and spoke a lot today and it didn't wear off or disappear in the slightest. I didn't think this shade would suit me but it did once it was dry on the lips, the mauve undertone showing more with my fairer skintone. Applying this was a dream, it glided easily on the lips, was highly pigmented and dried down fairly quickly as well. The doe foot applicator had enough flex in it that you didn't lose control as you applied it, making touching up any rough edges or correcting anything along the lip line a piece of cake. I honestly didn't expect this to wear as well as it did, not because of the product but because I'm a bit of a mouth breather at the moment. I've been struck down with a cold and can just about breathe through my mouth, so I thought that the matte texture would be a lot drier and more uncomfortable on the lips but this didn't become dry, irritating or uncomfortable as I wore it. I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of this shade, especially during the Spring months.

No comments:

Post a Comment